Be sure to watch out for those trees that snap in half and fall on people who are wearing funny hats. I don't want you wearing any funny hats as a precaution. Miss you a bunch.
It's going to be 95 degrees and sunny here too this weekend! I'm hiking the Franconia Ridge in your honor. We can both be sweaty and disgusting together, though miles apart. Keep making your way back. I can't wait to see your beautiful face in person! :)
Howdy! Yahoo for your 802 miles, not the heat! Butterflies are so pretty! I hope you find some cold swimming holes to take a break in! Take lots of breaks, fluids, fluids, fluids and rest.....ok, yes mom.....I'm sure by now you have figured out how best to stay cool and I hope you get some rain to cool it off but not to make you wet, hot and sticky! I will check Elliot's blog to find out where you guys are but the infamous stuck round rock between the big rocks gives a bit of it away! As Jeni mentioned above, we have similar weather and like you, went from winter to summer seemingly overnight! Our plants are confused, Simon and Russell have gone more nutty if that is possible (Right this minute, Simon is flipping up his Elmo at me crying to play) but I have explained to him that I can't stop writing this message because when I do, my iPad gets stuck and then I have to click preview, then edit and then come back to the message....so, he's not too happy about it but I just threw some cookies down the hallway for them to go get! Let the best dog win! I had plans today to go to RI but I am just not feeling it. My illnesses are acting out too! See, we do feel your pain! Have you lost weight Ms. Kerry!? I sure hope not you little thang....you didn't need to. Eat those 6,000 calories! You work hard for every one! Remember the goal I set for myself by the time you get home? Happy to report I am making very good progress! Let's see....oh, wanted to ask if you have met M80, Trooper and Willow, Jeff Anderson or Dreamer? They are the folks posting video of their actual walks and Dreamer has posted some very personal video about times he has wanted to quit, how it's much harder than he thought, especially the mental challenge and the "freaking rain!" His wife Socks was walking with him but had to come off the trial for knee surgery (seems that knee issues pull a lot of people off the trail, protect your knees)! It is quite poignant as he is crying.....his son posts the videos for him and puts in funny captions like "cry baby, call your momma", in the video every time he cries but I think it is very authentic. I almost want to cry with him! Anyway, these folks are very near to you from what I can figure out from their videos. Also Trouble with her dog Melkie and Hobo, who I know you have met.......I know folks.....I do have a life but this has turned into a very fun hobby! You are doing so awesome and I hope everything is as beautiful, to you as it looks to me! Walk well! Stay cool! And.........have fun! Looking forward to your next update! Love ya Deb and Jean...sorry, I haven't signed her name recently but I update her after every post!
Be sure to watch out for those trees that snap in half and fall on people who are wearing funny hats. I don't want you wearing any funny hats as a precaution. Miss you a bunch.
ReplyDeleteIt's going to be 95 degrees and sunny here too this weekend! I'm hiking the Franconia Ridge in your honor. We can both be sweaty and disgusting together, though miles apart. Keep making your way back. I can't wait to see your beautiful face in person! :)
ReplyDeleteHowdy! Yahoo for your 802 miles, not the heat! Butterflies are so pretty! I hope you find some cold swimming holes to take a break in! Take lots of breaks, fluids, fluids, fluids and rest.....ok, yes mom.....I'm sure by now you have figured out how best to stay cool and I hope you get some rain to cool it off but not to make you wet, hot and sticky! I will check Elliot's blog to find out where you guys are but the infamous stuck round rock between the big rocks gives a bit of it away! As Jeni mentioned above, we have similar weather and like you, went from winter to summer seemingly overnight! Our plants are confused, Simon and Russell have gone more nutty if that is possible (Right this minute, Simon is flipping up his Elmo at me crying to play) but I have explained to him that I can't stop writing this message because when I do, my iPad gets stuck and then I have to click preview, then edit and then come back to the message....so, he's not too happy about it but I just threw some cookies down the hallway for them to go get! Let the best dog win! I had plans today to go to RI but I am just not feeling it. My illnesses are acting out too! See, we do feel your pain! Have you lost weight Ms. Kerry!? I sure hope not you little thang....you didn't need to. Eat those 6,000 calories! You work hard for every one! Remember the goal I set for myself by the time you get home? Happy to report I am making very good progress! Let's see....oh, wanted to ask if you have met M80, Trooper and Willow, Jeff Anderson or Dreamer? They are the folks posting video of their actual walks and Dreamer has posted some very personal video about times he has wanted to quit, how it's much harder than he thought, especially the mental challenge and the "freaking rain!" His wife Socks was walking with him but had to come off the trial for knee surgery (seems that knee issues pull a lot of people off the trail, protect your knees)! It is quite poignant as he is crying.....his son posts the videos for him and puts in funny captions like "cry baby, call your momma", in the video every time he cries but I think it is very authentic. I almost want to cry with him! Anyway, these folks are very near to you from what I can figure out from their videos. Also Trouble with her dog Melkie and Hobo, who I know you have met.......I know folks.....I do have a life but this has turned into a very fun hobby! You are doing so awesome and I hope everything is as beautiful, to you as it looks to me! Walk well! Stay cool! And.........have fun! Looking forward to your next update! Love ya Deb and Jean...sorry, I haven't signed her name recently but I update her after every post!
ReplyDeleteI have not yet caught up to that group. Congrats on the weight loss, I have not lost much (if any) perhaps the trail magic and beer is my downfall.
DeleteHave you eaten any cicadas yet?!?!!
ReplyDeleteNow that's an idea....
Delete