The only problem was the big miles put us too far ahead of schedule for our shuttle back to Damascus where the Trail Days hiker festival is going on this weekend.
Woods Hole is this amazing hostel and sustainable farm run by Neville and Michael. The house was discovered by Nevilles grandfather in 1986 and it was built in 1880. There are tons of animals including baby pigs and ducks and a half blind goat who wandered away one night. Neville also runs a yoga session before dinner and meditation at night. All the meals are homemade by Neville and a few helpers and it is really amazing how she gets everyone involved.
Avocado and I did some secret shoe art on Rockets shoes while he was away. The rest of the time here was spent reading, stretching, meeting new hikers, and helping with the cooking and cleaning.
Now we are taking off a few days to go to the festival where there will be lots of hikers from this year and previous years. There are also going to be lots of vendors fixing gear and giving away raffled gear. Then it's back on the trail Monday.
















Hello there! Glad to see your post! Is it possible that in every post, you look happier than the one before? Me thinks so! ;-) Your pics are awesome, color is sooooo green and maybe you guys will get a break from rain for awhile! I gotta try that snot rocket move! My luck I would snort it out against, instead of with, the wind and end up getting it back! As I was waiting for a post from you, I have been reading lots of journals......hmmm....let's see Chin Music, Morris the Cat, Rash (they have decided to do the hike THEIR way), Moxie, Smiles, Patriot, Little SAS, Smiles, POM, Hobo, Robin and Mary, Lady Grey, Buckeye and Rocket. None as interesting as yours and Elliot's, oh I follow Why not too! Have a great time at the festival, get some free stuff and then get back to walking! Just kidding......simply enjoy!!
ReplyDeleteThe hostel looks and sounds amazing! I love your rosy cheeks and the ducklings are adorable! I LOVE the artwork on the sandals. I'll admit I'm a little jealous that my sandals aren't nearly as cool... =P Have an amazing time as it looks like you are! I miss you tons! Big BIG hugs from NH!
ReplyDeleteWow that's so awesome! I realized half of my comments were not posting, oops! But hopefully this one will. That's too bad about all that rain..... But it looks like you had a nice relaxing reward at the end of it all. Woods Hole looks amazing; like the most absolute serene place to stay. I can not wait to join you for a couple weeks, in a couple weeks. I've heard about the hiking festival too, have fun!!!! I went for another training hike today and it was serious business. New England sure has some crazy mountains, and these were some of the smaller ones. Get ready for NE! I'm hoping to join you June 21st, wherever you are, or a little before so I can get used to the trail and you'll catch up to me. HAVE FUN!!!!! Your pictures are amazing and it looks like you're having a wonderful time. I love following your trek :)
ReplyDeleteQuack quack! I've been keeping up for your blog, but haven't posted until now. It looks like you're having an amazing time and are definitely getting the experience of a lifetime. We all miss you and can't wait to meet up with you in the woods once you reach New England!
ReplyDelete