The weather has turned from below freezing last week to 90s and humid and just plain disgusting. One day we put in 17 miles before 3:00 so we stopped at the Captains house which is on the other side of a river. He set up a zip line to get there and had a fridge stocked with free soda and we all went for our first swim. The water was cold but amazing.
I thought the trail would be thinning out people wise by now but there are still a ton of hikers. It is great at hostels and campsites when there are a bunch of us since we have been staying with the same crowd for the last two months. The other night we had about 40!
Today I was rocking out to Piece of My Heart (Vanessa it's our song!) and running down the mountain when I tripped on a root and superman dove Jamie style. Then of course I couldn't get up cause I was tangled in a bush with my pack on. Hiker life for ya. And that would make fall number 3.










Forgot to Ask!
ReplyDeleteAny lingering pains from your fall? Did you land on your back, like a flipped over turtle or belly, splayed out in the bush? Those roots are out to get you....and that's just what they'll do.....one of these days those roots are gonna trip you ooooo....oooooo! Seriously, I hope the root fairy leaves you alone! Deb
Oh, come on, come on, come on, come on!!!! <3
ReplyDeletehmmm...your picture of the flower looks oddly familiar. hehehe
ReplyDelete