Friday, June 28, 2013

Music time

When I get sick of the sweet, soft hum of the cicada party everyday I listen to some actual music. I put together, in my opinion, the most rocking, kick ass trail playlist. I realize its a little random but its all good for me. Since I've been asked what I listen to, here it is: http://open.spotify.com/user/1226700741/playlist/1PZtP92GqHaZAtW2Md9nW4
Also, my 90s playlist, Jim Morrison and Alt+J have had quite a bit of my time as well. 





Trail casualties


Yes, that tiny dot is a tick that bit me. Bah!


Pennsylvania rocks. 


5 comments:

  1. Kerry!

    Hello from wet, wet, wet NH. I think we are experiencing just a small taste of what you have faced on the trail! Even our gardens are screaming enough already! Ouch! OK, now about that tick bite, you may want to consider popping into a clinic, Doc's office etc.....to get some prophylactic antibiotics. You've probably already addressed this but I worry, worry! Of course it's to ward off any chance of Lyme disease that little bugger may have carried! Those scratches look brutal too! Thanks for sharing your battle wounds but your heels look smooth and beautiful! Way better than even mine! No major issues with blisters yet? It's amazing how many folks have gone off the trail to go home, recover from massive blisters, buy new shoes, etc....and then return! If someone out there, a vendor of some kind could create a hiking shoe, shoe insert, sock or something that minimizes the chance of blisters, someone would be very rich! Keen and Merrell shoes seem to be the ones failing most. I know, I know, it's sad that I know what kind of shoes are failing but again, I have a lot of time on my hands. BUT I am trying to think of a way to contribute to the world, give back so to speak and put my brain to better use! Just haven't found IT yet! I did help a 14 year old girl and her mom get to Rhode Island to receive the same treatments and I have had and she went home with pain down to a 2 from a 10, walking instead of wheelchair, shaved legs and painted toenails! She went back home to Calif. a new person! I went and met her and her mom and it was so thrilling to see how we'll she did! Unfortunately, it is no longer helping me but very rewarding in helping another get better! I will go back to see the Neurologist at Mass General to see if she has any new treatment tricks up her sleeve. Until then, although I do joke around, my days, 24/7 are spent trying to manage pretty intense pain. But. But! No self pity for me. I love to take in every day and find something special about it. I bet you are doing the same, around every corner, who knows what you will find!

    About the song list, I don't know how to use Spotify but I see it all over the place so there is something new I can do! Do you still have your friend hiking with you? I see that Elliot and Why Not may be ahead of you? The pic you took of the eagle, falcon?? Flying over the rocks is awesome. One last comment......if you want to whine, swear, etc....about the rocks, you can! I cannot believe that THAT is the trail in your picture! That seems like torture and a way to get injured! Please be safe and careful!! Chin Music who is ahead of you, keeps a pretty good journal and seems like a reasonable guy; no drama. If you have a chance to read his journal you will get an idea of what's ahead if you want one. Or you may like the uncertainty and surprise of what lies ahead! Jean sends along her hello and best wishes for your next section hike! Be well........AND have fun! You are awesome!! With love and continued awe, love Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope no blisters! My feet are doing awesome. And my shoes are too. Got them at mile 30 and they have made it over 1400 miles. Almost no one on the trail still has their same shoes. Oboz are e best!

      Delete
  2. Good morning!

    I woke up this morning thinking about you and just wanted to let you know if I haven't already know how much I admire you Kerry! Why? Not only have you been willing to face the physical challenges of the trail head on, you have put yourself out there to meet so many people and experience so many things that have nothing to do with walking the trail! You have already conquered the trail (oh, and I still cannot believe how beautiful and beastly it is). Your desire to explore what the next step, the next town, the next state offers you is simply amazing and I hope that you continue to have the kind of experiences on the trail and off that are indescribable and offer you a lifetime of memories! You are awesome! Love, Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aunt Debbie!! I love reading your comments and knowing you are keeping track of my journal and others on the trail.

      Delete
  3. I've got more than a feeling that your playlist needs more Boston.

    ReplyDelete