Saturday, June 8, 2013

Inn for the night

I'm not going to say we were dodging drops, but the visit with Julie and Jonathan could not have come at a better time. I have been looking forward to this visit since I started. It was my mini-Katahdin. 

I worked with Julie for about four years at Rue and she recently moved to Virginia with her husband to run a B&B. All four of us smelly hikers were welcomed and treated to the best-of-the-best. Wayne, the owner, was extremely generous to let us stay and Julie and Jonathan made sure we had everything we needed. 

I got to catch up with Julie and see the apartment they are making "their own" including the addition of a baby room! Before we headed out Jonathan cooked us an amazing breakfast - they made it hard to leave and get back out in the rain. 







5 comments:

  1. Hi!,

    What a wonderful break for all of you and especially for you Kerry in getting to reconnect with a friend! Pics show very happy and well-fed folks! Congrats on meeting this milestone and we hope you continue to meet wonderful people and get tremendous enjoyment from the next part of your journey! Been reading the rocks in PA are very tough! Hi to Elliot, WhyNot and Dip-n-Sip! Happy Trails! And.......what? What was that.........? HAVE FUN! Love ya! Deb and Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes me so so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me so happy too!! You were one of my favorite visits here at the Inn too. :-) Loved meeting your compatriots and especially our little walk in the rain as you hit the trail again. I can totally understand the magic of the experience, and I'm so jealous you get to be on the trail day in and day out -yes, rain and all. <3 !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. PS - Here's a link to the Inn's blog post:

      http://www.stonewalljacksoninn.com/shenandoah-hiking-adventure/appalachian-trail/

      Delete