Thursday, June 13, 2013

1000 miles!!!

Soo much to talk about. We hit 1000 miles, got to Harpers Ferry (the old halfway point, still a major milestone), saw bears, got poison ivy, lots of trail magic, and walked in lots of rain. Ill let pictures tell my stories. 


I was number 677 at the start and I signed in halfway as 447. 










7 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wow!wow! All of you look GREAT! Pretty soon you will in the 3 digits! Love, love the pics! The pic of the little one is outstanding! Sorry about the poison ivy and I hope it's the worst thing that happens in the next part of your journey! 447! Means you are ahead of 200+ people from when you started? If I am reading it write....never was good with numbers! Ha! Lots of folks struggling in their journals, slippery rocks and rain makes for grumpy thru hikers! Have you come across Dreamer yet? I am still following his video journal and he has almost quit a few times. He has a fan base cheering him, his wife Socks (was off trail for awhile for knee) and Charlie to make it all the way! Just like doing the same for you! I know those of us outside the hiking world cannot possibly phathom how difficult the trail has been but we are with everyone whose journal we read and whose blog I anxiously await, rooting you on! Kerry, you look wonderful, even all muddy!! Happy trails until the next post and .........HAVE FUN! Love, Deb and Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some sexy legs there! =P Did the baby deer have a mommy deer somewhere nearby? I don't want to know if the mommy deer is dead. I'm so impressed and awed and inspired by you! You are amazing. :) Passing so many people on the trail. YOU ROCK. Miss you tons! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeay Kerry!!! Keep it going. Love all the pictures! : ) Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The deer photo is amazing, they all are really. You guys are doing so awesome, keep up the awesome pace and excellent adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so awesome to see you the other day on the trail! Good luck to you, I will be following along!

    Corky

    ReplyDelete