Monday, July 1, 2013

Rocksylvania

Pennsylvania is rocky. When I first heard it was rocky I though oh big rocks, rock climbing, fun. No. Not fun. There are some big boulders which can be cool, but the entire trail is filled with ankle breaker, football sized rocks as far as the eye can see. 

Luckily, we get out of Pennsylvania tomorrow and I am picturing the border to magically replace the rocks with a nice dirt bed trail. Ill let you know how that turns out. 

My friend Chrissy came out for a few days to hike with me. She was pretty badass taking on the rocks and thunderstorms and it was a lot of fun hiking with her and introducing her to the hiker crowd. 






3 comments:

  1. Kerry!

    OK, I said you were awesome in the last post and now there is additional proof! You actually climbed those huge boulders!? That does fit the word "trail"! Dip-n-Sip mentioned in his posting that you guys were going to try and slow down and enjoy the scenery! Slow down? Wow, most folks are complaining that they are too slow! Good for you guys and hope all ankles survived the rocks on the trail! Thanks for posting pics! Be we'll and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm convinced that second to last picture of you on the rocks was taken horizontally and then you posted it vertically. I think you are actually just "bear climbing" over some pebbles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha it does! Maybe I did...

    ReplyDelete