Tuesday, April 2, 2013

First town stop

Right outside Dicks Creek Gap. 69.6 miles in (not including the 8.8 mile approach trail to the top of springer mountain to start the hike).

Dip 'n Sip, Why Not, Long Gone, Field Stripper, B-Line and I had dinner and breakfast, stayed at the Budget Inn and resupplied.

Another beautiful day. Next stop is four days out. We will hit our first 5,500 ft mountain, have some rain and cross the Georgia - North Carolina border!









8 comments:

  1. Beautiful.... The Mountains look like they go on forever! You look very happy, Kerry! Have a good walk up the 5,500 Mountain! Yikes! I'll be looking for your next update in 4 days!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant to ask! Who does the "dog" belong to in the pic!? Did someone bring him along!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You replaced Riley? What is this betrayal.

    (no way to edit a comment... so now one of mine is removed)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that everyone has trail names!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how Jeff's comment was removed b/c he couldn't edit it LOL!! Beautiful trees <3

    ReplyDelete