I have been asked this question almost as much as I was asked if I was going to bring a gun. I have about 10 hours a day walking - what do I think about? I'm three weeks in but so far this is what I have been thinking about:
1. Nature and how crazy awesome it is
2. Food
3. Songs
4. Songs about food
My latest is:
A peanut butter tortilla
A peanut butter tortilla
A peanut butter tortilla
With a little granola on top
But on a slightly more serious note: nature and being out here never gets old and one thought always leads to another and pretty soon we are at the shelter to set up camp.
Looking out over a mountain range and seeing all the massive uprooted trees will get me thinking about tree root systems which will get me thinking about the Magic School Bus. Then I will wonder if we still have those at home and how i will find it when i get home and see the episode/chapter one where they went through the body and used cells as inner tubes to dodge all the organs. Then it reminds me of Indiana Jones and I start thinking about that.
Long story short: every thought ends with Indiana Jones.




I totally forgot you had this blog. I'm so glad you have been updating, the hike looks amazing so far!
ReplyDeleteHi! Indiana Jones huh? Interesting.....Three weeks already! We hope you are enjoying every good minute and plodding through every bad! Another pretty flower pic! Hope these coming days go well! Happy Trails!
ReplyDeleteDo you think about me every time you eat?
ReplyDeleteLove you princess and I am very proud of you!
Rapping Allowed!? You mean I could have gone with you afterall!?!?
ReplyDeleteI was way behind in these blogs but I'm catching up and this is my favorite so far - loved the list of thoughts and the song. And peanut butter tortilla. The photos are fantastic.
ReplyDelete