The weather has turned absolutely gorgeous. Perfect hiking temperature during the day, slight chill at night to make for a good nights sleep. My mom, Aunt Peggy and Uncle Mike came out for a day hike and conquered two of the most difficult 4,000fters in NH. It was great to hike with them and catch up.
We also have been doing a lot of stealth camping (camping at unestablished sites) and have been seeing amazing sunsets, sunrises and meteor showers on top of 4,000 ft ridge lines.
I will enter into Maine tomorrow and I currently have 298 miles left.
Hello!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update! Less than 300 miles to go! I'm sure you are trying to take in as much as you possibly can! Beautiful pics as always and I told your mom that I want to be on the list, of which will hold many names I'm sure, for you to come visit and tell us all about it! Of course, after sufficient integration back into the real world time! A couple of folks I am following have reached K and a couple came off the trail. According to the AT home page 8 people have completed but I assume that's not an accurate number. Rash who I have been following too finished yesterday! Soon you will join their ranks! Class of 2013! Da dada da dun da. Da dada da daaaaaaaaaaaa. Da dada da dun da da dada da Daaaaaaaa. Da dada dun da da dun dun dun da da......Pomp and Circumstance, the dada dun dun version! Happy Trails! Be Safe the rest of the way! Love, Deb
Follow up! Yesterday #130 registered finishing a thru-hike! Way more than 8???? I mentioned!
ReplyDeleteKerry- so good to see you the other day! Enjoy you last couple weeks on the trail, you're the most bad ass hiker I know! YOU'RE ALMOST THERE!
ReplyDeleteYou must be sooo close!! Awesome job Kerry!! Wish I could be there when you finish :)
ReplyDelete