Friday, March 29, 2013

Where to start?

Not the trail of course, that was easy to figure out. Three days of absolutely gorgeous weather (although I'm typing this to the pitter patter of rain on my tent at the moment) and already a ton of stories to tell.

First: Three days. 31.7 miles. Apparently starting slow didn't pan out the way I thought it would. But it feels right. Compared to NH mountains this is nothing.

Second: weather has been amazing. I have been hiking in t shirts and sweating in my tent at night (mmmm).

Third: people. So many people start out right now and I have already met a ton. The stories are great. Like the guys who turned around after 3 miles and said "nope maybe next year" cause it was too cold for them. Or the guys who have 50 pound packs.

Elliot and I have been hiking two days with one guy - Chris, from Sugar Hill, NH (yes, he knows the Demaos). He is in the picture.

Elliot has been writing a TON so if you want more stories head over to his blog. I'm going to limit mine to the basics.

Picture time.













2 comments:

  1. You're my herooooo S-rockettt!!! I love you and so glad that the Mother Nature has been good to you and the other hikers. Can't wait for the next update. Hope the weather continues to be sweet. Keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures look great!! So glad the weather has been nice so far. I love the story about 50 lb pack guys lol. Can't wait to hear more :)

    ReplyDelete